- History of Pilates Workout:
The origin of Pilate is the United States of America. American physical trainer Joseph Pilates introduced a new method for the injured athletes and dancers in the 1920s. The name “Pilates” is simply taken from his name. His primary intention was to help injured athletes and dancers safely return to exercise and maintain their fitness. People started adopting this method and now it’s a part of day by day physical workout routine for a large community.
- What is Pilates Workout?
Pilates Yoga Workout is a collection of almost 500 different types of exercise inspired by yoga, ballet, and calisthenics. It’s a low-impact exercise.
“Pilates is a full-body exercise method that will help you do everything better,” Sonja Herbert, a Pilates instructor.
Few key points of Pilates workout:
- It aims to strengthen muscles and improve flexibility.
- It needs a lot of concentration and patience.
- The duration of a typical Pilates workout is 45 min to 1hour.
- Equipment can be used for Pilate Yoga Workout, but it is not mandatory.
- There are two types of Pilates workout – Mat-based Pilates and Equipment-based Pilates.
- Benefits of Pilate Workout:
There are obviously benefits in this process of workout. Few benefits are the following:
- Enhance body flexibility
- Reduces Stress
- Heals fast the joint and spinal injuries
- Regular practice is a permanent solution to back pain
- Improve muscular control
- Relaxation of mind
- Enhance Concentration
- Helps in noiseless sleep
- Enhance lung capacity by deep breathing.
- How Pilates Yoga is different from Traditional Yoga?
Pilates is inspired by yoga, but both are different. Yoga is a series of static postures, while Pilates Yoga Workout is based on putting someone into unstable postures and challenging his/her body by moving their limbs.
Beginner to advance, anyone can perform Pilates Yoga Workout. But there are few people who need to consult with their doctors before trying it out as it is a low-impact exercise:-
- Pregnant ladies
- Heart patients
- People have surgery in past 6 months
- People aged more than 45 years
- People have Spinal or muscular injuries
- Any person who is not attached to any kind of exercise for a long duration
- People have too much Maximum Healthy Weight Loss Per Week.